Namaqualand has a reputation for its brilliant colours from the wildflower displays during early August and September. Namaqua National Park preserves this unforgettable picture with its valleys filled with spring flowers.
Skilpad Rest Camp provides 4 chalets and camping without power at various camps within the park.
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- 3/4 Sleeper Couch suitable for 1adult / 2 Children
- Airconditioned bedroom, ceiling Fan
- Enclosed veranda with dining area
- Indoor fireplace, braai area outside
- Open plan lounge / kitchen area
- 220V Electricity
- Wc and shower
- Limited Road network for sedan vehicles
- No shop, restaurant or filling station in Park
- Provide OWN firewood
Camp Site (CK6)
- Camp sites without power point
- 2 Vehicles allowed per site
- Check in at Groenrivier to go direct to campsites
- Enviro toilets
- Extra vehicles are charged a fee per night
- Guests must be totally self-sufficient
- No water, electricity, or ablution blocks
Camps within the Park
- Kwass se Baai
- Skuinsbaai Noord
- Moonbay; accessible for 2×4 and high clearance vehicles
Frequently Asked Questions
- Bird watching
- Mountain Biking
- Walking Trails Flower Season circular drive
Namaqualand falls within the winter rainfall region of South Africa.
The highest rainfall period is between June to August.
- z 08:00 to 17:00
Please Take Note:
- Pets are not allowed in a National Park.
- It is an offence to pick flowers or to remove plants or any other material from the park.
- There are limited toilet facilities in the park.
We would be more than happy to help you. Give us a call or email us, and we will get back to you asap.021 8135868