Garden Route – Knysna Lakes Section
Along the South Coast of South Africa lies one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world, home to the Garden Route National Park. These areas resemble a montage of landscapes and seascapes, from ocean to mountain areas, and are renowned for its diverse natural and cultural heritage resources.
Managed by South African National Parks, it hosts a variety of accommodation options, activities, and places of interest.
Diepwalle Camping (CK4P)
- Only tents allowed, no rooftop tents or motorhomes
- Braai area
- Communal ablution
- Power point
- Wheelchair accessible
Diepwalle Deck Tents (DT2)
- Permanent tent on camping deck
- 2 Single bed mattresses provided
- No cutlery, crockery or bedding provided
- Bar fridge, lockable kist, LED light
- Braai facility on deck
Harkerville Forest Treetop Chalet (GC4)
- 1 bedroom with double bed, en-suite bathroom
- 1 bedroom, 2 single beds and own bathroom
- Open plan kitchen, fireplace, braai, DStv (limited channels)
- Dishwasher, washing machine & tumble dryer
- Telephone & security system
Frequently Asked Questions
- Harkerville Coastal Hiking Trails
- Day Walks
- Cycling Trails
Nature has blessed Knysna with a pleasant, temperate climate; it is unique in Africa as the only area in which rainfall occurs throughout the year, at any time of the year!
Check In Hours:
- Clients must check in at the Garden of Eden by NO LATER than 17:00 to collect their keys.
- The Garden of Eden is situated on N2 between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay.)
- The chalet may be occupied at 14:00 on the day of arrival and depart by 10:00 on departure.
- No firearms allowed.
- Pets are not allowed in a national park.
- Bring along a bathing suit, angling equipment, hat, sun block, walking shoes, binoculars, bird and mammal reference books. Hikers must always carry sufficient water.
- Outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- For summer (September – March), cool comfortable clothing is recommended along with sunhats and sun protection cream.
- For winter and autumn (April – August), warm clothing is recommended for the night times.
- Insect repellant is recommended, especially in summer.
- No immunisations are needed for travel to this park. The Park is situated in a malaria-free area.
We would be more than happy to help you. Give us a call or email us, and we will get back to you asap.021 8135868